Medicinal Organic Cannabis Australia (MOCA) Pty Ltd was founded in March 2017 and incorporated in June 2017. Australian State and Federal medical cannabis import, export and wholesale licences were awarded to MOCA in 2018. Directors, Alessandro Sorbello and Emanuela Ispani, founded the Company following changes to Australian legislation. The directors commenced with scientific research to develop MOCA’s product range. MOCA now has four PhD’s on the team and has converted its knowledge base to develop a product range of 21 organic medicines. Ten products developed by our scientific team under the MOCA brand and 11 products sourced from third party manufacturers, including CBDfx and Stanley Brothers. All our products are approved by the Australian Government (TGA) and can be prescribed by medical practitioners to treat a range of conditions including:
- chronic pain
- chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- palliative care indications
- cancer pain
- spasticity from neurological conditions
- anorexia and other conditions.
The three key gateways to importing and supplying medical cannabis medicines by wholesale in Australia are:
- State and Federal Government licenses to import and wholesale
- Import permits from the Office of Drug Control (ODC)
- Product approvals by the TGA
MOCA has all three gateways approved with licences, permits and approvals in hand.
Medicinal Organic Cannabis Australia (MOCA) is the first established organic cannabis company in Australia, with a focus on ethically sourced organic products.
- Licenced: Australian import, export and wholesale licences for Medical Cannabis. European approvals and subsidies to cultivate in Europe
- Products Approved: 21 products approved in Australia by the TGA
- Import Permits: Australian import permits from the Office of Drug Control for all its products.
- Products: has an approved range of MOCA branded organic cannabis products & has developed a new product that could reduce patient costs by 30%
- Distribution: has supply agreements with pharmacies and practitioners in Australia.
- Team: is science based with 4 PhD’s on the team to ensure product quality and standard. MOCA is focused on leveraging digital marketing channels. Has global third party warehousing and logistics suppliers in Australia.
- International opportunities: were finalists in 2 international tenders to supply cannabis (Italy & Barbados)
- Facilities: has a 15 year lease on a 18,000m2 cultivation facility in Italy with subsidised water and energy costs.
In conjunction with international standards, MOCA has developed proprietary production and manufacturing protocols and procedures. These operational methods of operation are approved at State and Federal level by the New South Wales Ministry of Health and the Office of Drug Control (ODC). They are designed to manage and meet its extensive regulatory compliance for the storage and handling of medical cannabis products.
These protocols mean that MOCA is ‘hands free’ and our entire process for transport, storage and distribution of our products are handled by Specialised global pharmaceutical contractors in their logistics centre.
This process eliminates the need for expensive proprietary warehousing costs and logistics staff, thus significantly reducing the Company’s operating costs to supply the products to medical professionals.
Medicinal Organic Cannabis Australia (MOCA) is committed to constantly engage with globally recognized research and development groups and manufacturers
Cannabis: the emerging face of well-being
Medicinal Organic Cannabis Australia (MOCA) is a fully licenced medical cannabis company
specialized in wholesale importation and exportation of organic cannabinoids for Australian and New Zealand Markets. MOCA has strategic International partnerships which offer a proven, sustainable, stream of high quality products. We are supported by leading web based marketing platform to bring our products to Australian and international markets.
The company is informed by world class multinational best practices research. Medicinal Organic Cannabis Australian (MOCA) is offering opportunities for investing in the medical cannabis industry in Australia and New Zealand.
MOCA Activities at a glance:
Australian based company that commenced operations in March 2017 and was incorporated in June 2017. Its registered office is located at 903/50 Clarence Street, Sydney Australia
MOCA’s primary objective is to become a leader in the Australian medical cannabis market. Our focus is on reducing patient access costs for medical cannabis products. We aim to educate medical practitioners, pharmacies and consumer markets on the health benefits of our products. The Company targets supplying the rapidly growing market in Australia with high quality organic cannabis medicine.
MOCA promotes our online sales division through internet marketing, and direct sales promotions to practitioners and pharmacists.
- Our first responsibility is to the doctors, nurses, and patients, to mothers and fathers and all others who will use our products and services.
- Secondly, we are responsible to our employees who work with us throughout the world.
- Thirdly, we are responsible to the communities in which we live and work and to the world community at large.
- Our final responsibility is to our shareholders.
Our Approach to Manufacturing Products
We consider the ‘Triple Bottom line’ (People, Planet, Profit) the ethical measure of business. MOCA’s investment principle determines the impact on the environment, the social perspective, and our corporate governance.Whilst our current focus is on manufacturing and importing medical cannabis products, we are oriented on the entire ‘seed to sale’ process. At MOCA we believe that planting with appropriate organic practices can heal the soil and the earth and thus in turn, can heal its populace.
MOCA works with cultivators and purchases raw materials for manufacture, without intermediaries. It is for this reason that we influence and control the entire process from soil preparation to genetic selection to cultivation and harvest to manufacturing and wholesale.
Our aim is to offer a viable, affordable, plant based solution based on ethical practices. MOCA expands the traditional reporting framework to take into account social and environmental performance in addition to financial performance.